A sculptural tradition did not start to emerge in Tenerife until the 17th century, when Martin de Andujar, a sculptor from Seville, arrived in Tenerife. One of his pupils was Blas Garcia Ravelo, from Garachico.
Other sculptors emerged in the 17th and 18th centuries, such as Rodriguez de la Oliva, Lazaro Gonzalez, Sebastian Fernandez and, especially, Fernando Estevez de Sacramento, born in La Orotava and studied under Lujan Perez from Gran Canaria. He left an excellent collection of statues spread over many of Tenerife's churches, like the Cathedral of Candelaria, the Concepcion Church in La Laguna and La Orotava.
Nowadays, there are sculptors like Jose Abad (La Laguna 1942), Jose Luis Fajardo and Fernando Garcia Ramos.