Tel.: 922 511 711 - 12 (Town Hall) Visiting Times: Times of service.
CHURCH OF SAN JUAN DEGOLLADO
Tel.: 922 511 711 - 12 (Town Hall)
Visiting Times: Times of service.
The original church was built in 1673 and devoted to San Juan Bautista, but, in order to distinguish it from another one in Güímar, the "Degollado" (cut throat) was added.
The church was gradually expanded throughout the 18th century and was declared a parish church by Bishop Tavira in 1795.
There are some interesting works of art inside, like the figure of San Juan, a painting of San Agustín, of the Italian school, by an anonymous author, a Crucifixion and a painting of the Virgen del Rosario with Santo Domingo and San Francisco.