CHURCH OF SAN MARCOS
Tel.: (+34) 922 541 799
Visiting Times: During church services.
The Patron Saint of the borough is worshipped in the church of San Marco Evangelista. It has three naves, laid out in a Latin Cross, and an elegant tower that combines the typical features of the Tuscan style with local Canary Island style. Although it was re-built in 1700, its origins go back to 1530.
The Mudejar moulded ceilings and the roof had to be repaired in 1970 because of their deteriorated state.
The San Andrés, a 17th century figure, is the best sculpture in the church. Another interesting carving is La Virgen de los Remedios, by Rodríguez de la Oliva.