CHURCH OF SANTA URSULA
Tel.: 922 300028 (Parish House)
The parish church of Santa Ursula is a simple, one nave church with a Latin Cross layout and front finished with a pitched stone cornice. Its origins are to be found in the church devoted to this Virgin and British martyr that was re-built and extended in the 17th century.
The figure of Nuestra Señora del Rosario is an excellent sculpture, sent from the New World in 1626. Much of the precious metal work of the church like the highly decorated silver monstrance, is from the Americas.
It also conserves a figure of Santa Rita by Fernando EstÃ©vez and a San SebastiÃ¡n, carved in marble and probably of American origin; the figure of Santa Ursula is a modern one.